We’re obsessed with the way that gold looks in our homes. Against white, against black, thrown in amongst some patterns, it lends every space the aura of glamour. It’s easy to slot an antique gold mirror into any interiors look, but it doesn’t have to stop there. We’ve picked some of our absolutely favourite gold pieces to show you how else to incorporate some gilted luxe into your home.
From left to right: Teal and gold antique stand and white lampshade / 1970s gold tin pineapple ice bucket / Thick gold antique frames / Glass and gold antique bird jar / Black and gold antique clock / Detail of baroque antique gold mirror
We picked up many of these gilted gold goodies from Sunbury Antiques Market. Last time we were there stumbled across a fantastic stall selling every type of antique frame you could possible imagine. We’ve left these two thick gold frames empty for now, they’re decoration in themselves!
From left to right: Gold and glass 1970s side tables / 1970s gold flamingoes / Collection of gold glassware / Gold lamp with fringed lampshade / Antique gold flower light installation / Sunbury antique gold mirror
We found these classic gold 1970s side tables in the treasure trove of one of our favourite traders. They come as a matching pair and we’ve got them framing a classic sofa to give our living room some glamour!
Gold can be as dramatic or understated as you like and you can incorporate it in fun and quirky ways such as the antique gold pineapple or the decorative gold flamingoes. Now, go for gold!
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market