There’s something very special about a space – however small – carved out of a bedroom that is entirely yours. Somewhere you can sit to apply makeup, do your hair and just prepare yourself for the day ahead. In busy lives, a moment snatched here or there to slow down and compose ourselves is precious. We are big advocates of the vintage dressing table and we try to squeeze them in to every bedroom. Sometimes space can be tight and we need to be inventive, as we’ve shown in one of our favourite shoots below.
Art Deco Style Dressing Table Glitz
Unashamedly glamourous, this vintage dressing table is a 1920s Art Deco style beauty, with enough mirrors to keep you looking forever (and to make it a nightmare to photograph!). We love that the reflections of the vintage perfume bottles and glass objects refract across the whole surface. The whole space feels deliciously decadent!
Perfectly Petite Vintage Table
Only a small vintage table would fit into the tiny space between the door and the bed in this guest room, but it’s turned into one of our favourite spots. It’s so satisfying to find a use for a space that would otherwise have been wasted, and we love the contrast of the bright green 1950s cocktail chair (from the lovely Georgia at Hutch) with the calm white of the rest of the room.
Antique French Style Dresser
With light streaming in through the full-length windows and pretty tulle curtains, this room feels just like a fairytale. The pretty fairy ornament and Abigail Ahern’s blue velvet toucan lamp both add to the other-worldly feeling and make this a perfect space to while away some time.
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market