The reason that Hannah and I set up Layer earlier in the year was to share our love and passion for pre loved, vintage and antique pieces. We had become accustomed to friends and family asking us where and how we managed to source our home decorations. Urged on by this, we suspected that there may be an appetite for this knowledge to be shared in a beautiful and creative way online.
We have been astounded at how Layer has been received and feel enormously proud of what we have achieved so far. To say that it has overtaken our lives is an understatement – a small consideration here for our loved ones who patiently tolerate our relentless ‘Layer language’!
Launching Layer’s Little Flea
We are so excited to be taking another step on the Layer journey and to launch our new marketplace, Layer’s Little Flea, an affordable array of decorative pieces and some furniture, all carefully chosen and curated by us.
We are collaborating with just a small number of traders at this stage to ensure that we are doing everything as well as we can. Our vision is to create an inspirational shopping destination, a place that makes quality secondhand and preloved pieces relevant in today’s modern way of living.
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market