“Pay the most attention to lights and art. They have the power to change everything about a room.”
We’re bound to get along with anyone who has a shoe cabinet that looks like this. Meet Claire Price – the owner of these beautiful shoes, who also happens to be the inspirational interiors blogger behind My House Candy. Claire uses My House Candy to showcase her design objects of desire, whilst giving us her addictive monthly update of House Candy Cravings (interiors that she just cannot resist).
Claire shares her love of unique vintage treasures and colourful design wallpaper on our latest Blogger in our Corner piece.
What is your blog in a nutshell?
My House Candy is basically just me, eyeing up gorgeous stuff for my home.
I love nothing more than hunting out vintage treasures and junk shop finds that add an extra interest and edge to an interior, but also work within a modern context. I’m also a sucker for beautiful designer wallpaper.
What is your top interior design tip?
Pay the most attention to lights and art. They have the power to change everything about a room. Oh, and buy a great bed – it means you’re always pleased to come home.
If you could have one piece of furniture from our website, what would it be and why? Where would it be placed?
I’m in love with the large Chaty Valllauris Sunburst Mirror because it just oozes vintage glamour.
I’ve got the perfect spot for it, above the built in wood burning stove in my sitting room. In fact, now I’ve fallen for this, nothing else will do.
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market