“Break the rules if you want to and create a home full of things that have meaning to you.”
Our most recent addition to our Bloggers in our Corner is Lauren Coleman. As the editor of Rockmystyle.co.uk, Lauren has a fantastic eye for bespoke vintage pieces and is often spotted rummaging around shops and markets.
What is your blog in a nutshell?
Rock My Style is a daily escape to the world of interiors, fashion and beauty. We are the very proud little sister to one of the UK’s biggest wedding blogs, Rock My Wedding. We believe we’ve really filled the gap in the market for a daily dose of obtainable style and we’re really passionate about the strong community we’ve built over the last two years.
What is your top design tip?
Go with what you love. Break the rules if you want to and create a home full of things that have meaning to you.
What do you think is the next big interiors trend and why?
Even though it’s getting old, I still love a copper and blush combo and I’m hoping it stays around a while longer while I decorate the master bedroom.
At the other end of the scale I’m loving all the global inspired prints and palettes coming through. I adore the Scandi-aesthetic, however it’s good to see another trend coming through to throw into the mix.
A perfect Sunday is….
Waking up at home, a lazy brunch with friends followed by some form of stroll. Maybe a Sunday afternoon film with my other half and a good glass of red. Heavenly yet very far from the reality!
If you could have one piece of furniture from Layer, what would it be and why?
Only one? There’s so many to choose from! I’ve recently moved house and every single room needs furniture. I’m currently hatching a plan to decorate the snug and the Marchena Mid century chair would be perfect. Just look at those legs!
ON THE MARKETPLACE
Headshot by Anna Clarke
Styled images by Adam Crohill
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market