Today’s Blogger in our Corner is Victoria Harrison, the UK editor of popular design site Houzz, who uses her personal blog ‘Style Made Simple‘ to showcase her interiors wish-list.
Style Made Simple does what it says on the tin – the blog offers readers a visual feast of dream homes – from a rustic cabin in the countryside to a Victorian home in London – as well as insightful styling tips and makeover projects.
Here Victoria shares her passion for all things design….
What is your blog in a nutshell?
Style made Simple is an interiors, design and craft blog that takes inspiration from the simple things in life. I showcase beautiful homes, real room makeovers, simple craft tutorials and celebrate country and coastal living.
What is your top design tip?
Keep it simple! It’s so easy to be overwhelmed by the dazzling choice of colours, textures, patterns and styles out there, but if you stick to a simple, peaceful aesthetic in your home, using natural materials and soothing colours you will create a little sanctuary that you can then add elements of colour and interest to.
What do you think is the next big interiors trend and why?
I’m not a huge fan of trends – I believe in design classics that will stand the test of time.
A perfect Sunday is….
At home, in the country. Having the time to potter around a garden centre or search for treasure at a vintage market is my idea of heaven.
If you could have one piece of furniture from our website, what would it be and why? Where would it be placed?
This marble topped vintage washstand. I’m renovating my bathroom at the moment and have been on the hunt for a vintage washstand to add a bit of character to the space. This one is a little gem.
For more information, visit http://stylemadesimple.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Justine Hodgson-Barker of Barker Design
- Meet the Designer: Clare Morton of Studio Morton
- Meet the Designer: Nikki Rees
- One Vintage Drinks Trolley Three Ways
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Make a Statement with a Preloved Chair
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Designer: Charlie North of The Hoxton Hotels
- Meet the Designer: Charu Gandhi of Elicyon