Looking for quirky design inspiration? You’ve come to the right place! Enter the nest of award-winning blogger and styling guru Kate Young of inspirational site kateyoungdesign.com.
With a passion for ‘sharing interiors with souls’, Kate’s bold and vibrant space has soul and character by the bucketload. We couldn’t wait to interview the visionary behind the design about how to create a home that truly reflects who you are…
What does home mean to you?
Home is a feeling of happiness, a place of comfort, a refuge and somewhere I feel I can totally relax and recharge my batteries.
How would you describe your style when it comes to decorating your home?
My style is a bit of a mix, paired back boho, modern rustic, some scandi touches…
Where do you find inspiration for design?
Pinterest is such a great place to get inspiration and ideas but I also love reading interior mags like Milk, Elle Decoration, Living, Vogue as well as interior books (my favourite Sibella Court, Abigail Ahern, Country Living Modern Rustic). Travelling is also a huge source of inspiration, whether it is the hotel I am staying in or the markets, the shops, everything is an inspiration when I am abroad.
What would be your top interior design tip?
Don’t rush and try to get everything decorated and done in a weekend! It takes a lot of time to get a feel for the place you’re living in and to create a beautiful interior which is a true reflection of who you are.
Where is your happy place in the home?
The living room is probably my favourite, it’s where we sit and chat, drink coffee it is a comfortable sociable space for everyone to gather.
A perfect Sunday is….
A lie in! Coffee, pancakes, trip to the market, walk on the beach with the girls, Sunday is family time always.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market