With over twenty-five years’ worth of experience, it’d be fair to say Nicky Percival’s personal style and attention to detail is pretty on point. Her architectural approach to design stems from her background in film, theatre and television; this combined with her passion for interiors in some way explains how she creates beautifully classic homes to accommodate every space, taste and budget. Her style exudes elegance, simplicity and above all practicality which her own home, located in Kent reflects perfectly.
Before setting up her own business in 2015, Nicky worked for Laura Ashley and Roundhouse Design focusing on all things bespoke and high-end, from commercial design to hotel interiors. Now based in Tunbridge Wells, Nicky Percival ltd promises to design truly unique spaces to be admired but more importantly, enjoyed
What does home mean to you?
The place where you are comfortable, creative and at peace.
How would you describe your style when it comes to decorating your home?
Personal, practical and surrounded by things that inspire me.
What are your three most treasured pieces?
century sideboard chosen to fit under our wedding screen/mirror from Indonesia and the Victor Pasmore print above the fireplace.
What would be your top interior design tip for our readers?
Be honest with materials and be brave with your choices.
What do you think is the next big interiors trend and why?
Simplicity – with the popularity of all things Scandinavian this should educate us into being spare and looking at detail.
Where is your happy place in the home?
Kitchen, the sitting room and my study.
A perfect Sunday is….
Good coffee, good company and a long walk with the dog in the countryside.
For more information, visit http://www.nickypercival.co.uk or follow @NickyPercival on Twitter
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Justine Hodgson-Barker of Barker Design
- Meet the Designer: Clare Morton of Studio Morton
- Meet the Designer: Nikki Rees
- One Vintage Drinks Trolley Three Ways
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Make a Statement with a Preloved Chair
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Designer: Charlie North of The Hoxton Hotels
- Meet the Designer: Charu Gandhi of Elicyon