Home Tour with Tabitha Teuma of MidCentury Magazine
In the new issue of (excellent) independent biannual MidCentury magazine, the Editor opens the doors to her home to show how the magazine has shaped her own interior aesthetic. In fact much of the editing, we’re told, is done at the kitchen table pictured above. Editor Tabitha Teuma explains that she’s received many requests from readers over the years for a look inside her home and, with her long haul renovation project drawing to a close, Issue 10 seemed like the place to do it!
Having moved from a penthouse apartment in a 1960s London high-rise (featured on Layer last year), Tabitha and her family have adjusted to life in a 1966 bungalow in the Buckinghamshire countryside. In MidCentury issue 10, Tabitha tells the story behind the renovation project and her interior design ethos, revealing how she selects the pieces for her home and how the magazine has been a constant source of inspiration to her.
So, to see more of Tabitha’s beautiful home, pick up a copy of the new issue and read the full 20-page feature for yourself here.
PLUS, we’re offering an exclusive 10% off remaining back issues of the wonderful magazine using the code layer16. This can be redeemed at the checkout in the MidCentury Magazine shop.
Photo credit: Marcus Peel Photography.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market