The first of the month always brings new goals and ambitions for us at Layer HQ. Spring is (almost) upon us and we’re looking at how we can bring a fresh approach to the month of March.
1. March is the month to… Clear Your Clutter
Out with the old and in with the new!
Clear Your Clutter Day on Saturday, 19th March is the perfect excuse to clear your home of unwanted pieces – creating space for that much needed injection of freshness. Holding onto inherited pieces just for the sake of it? Bought a vintage chair years ago that you’ve fallen out of love with? It might just be time to let go (and make some extra cash!)
Allow us to spur you on with a short quote from Wendell Berry: “Don’t own so much clutter that you will be relieved to see your house catch fire.” Ah. Good point, well made, Wendell.
Click here to declutter and sell your pieces with Layer.
2. March is the month to…. Show your mum you care
She gave you life (and so much more) and you repay her with…. a hug. Come on guys, we can do better than that.
As a mother-daughter team, we don’t take Mother’s Day lightly and we’ve put some thought into our best pieces for the job. Browse our selection of Mother’s Day gifts here.
3. March is the month to… Be proud to be a woman
It’s International Women’s Day on Tuesday, 8th March. Whilst working at Layer, we’ve been lucky enough to meet and work with so many inspiring women and industry leaders in business.
Let’s take some time this month to stand tall and celebrate all the incredible achievements from our fellow women. Girl power.
4. March is the month to… Win a £50 Layer voucher.
If you subscribe to our newsletter during the month of March, you’ll be entered to win a £50 voucher for all products on Layer.
And because you’re a pal of ours, we’ll keep you updated with discounts, bloggers picks and new celebrity home tours. Win win.
5. March is the month to… Pillowtalk
It’s okay if you fancy some duvet days in March… you deserve it!
We’re big softies when it comes to cushions – who can resist the pretty colours, the bright bursts of warmth to a room, the comfy feeling of being ‘cushioned’ from the outside world (like what we did there?).
Take a look at our stunning new collection of textiles.
6. March is the month to… Love Yourself
And no, we’re not referring to the Justin Bieber song.
We’re all about treating ourselves to beautiful pieces that don’t break the bank. We’ve heard it’s the most guilt-free way of buying.
Browse our best bargains and treat yourself…. ‘just because’.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market