With international clientele and design offices spanning Italy, Poland, Hong Kong and China, as well as headquarters here in London, Another Design International is known for ‘modern yet timeless’ design – something that we here at Layer certainly subscribe to. With sleek eclecticism at its core, Another Design is a design consultancy which represents luxurious, pared back living.
Here we chat to the founder of Anther Design, Pal Pang, about his furniture design classics, what home means to him and how he’d spent a perfect Sunday…
Is there a signature Another Design look? If so, how would you describe it?
It’s hard to describe the style of ANOTHER DESIGN but our clients have told me that we are unusual but natural, tailor-made in the same way as haute couture and timeless.
In terms of furniture, what design classics standout for you?
For me, I would say it’s Bauhaus and anything by Verner Panton.
What would be your top interior design tip for our readers?
Before you start a design, you can think about the best hours of the space and what mood you want to create.
What does home mean to you?
Home is a very personal space for me. I like to have to a peaceful indoor and outdoor area. You need enough space to spend time with family or friends but you also need a room for alone.
What are your three most treasured pieces?
I have too many too choose from! I collect contemporary art, china, vinyl albums and other things.
A perfect Sunday is…
A perfect Sunday here in the UK would be a sunny day, where I’m able to go to church and have brunch with my family and friends.
If you could choose one piece from Layer, what would it be and where would it live?
I like this chair which we can place it at master bedroom or hallway. It’s easy to match any modern interiors.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market