On the lesser known end of Portobello Road, away from the main buzz of Notting Hill Gate, is the antiques hub of the Golborne Road. On a Saturday afternoon when Portobello market is in full swing, make your way through the crowds to the far end where the street traders start to dwindle and you’ll reach the quieter, but equally as rewarding, Golborne Road antiques shops.
Nestled in between the eclectic mix of Moroccan and Portuguese local restaurants and enticing delicatessens, there are enough antiques shops to fill an afternoon and plenty of places to fuel up afterwards.
We spent some time with Georgia Hendey, owner of Hutch Interiors, last week and in our Meet the Trader interview, we peek inside her beautiful shop filled with stunning mid-century furniture and unique artwork that she has so carefully sourced.
For now, we’ve gathered together a selection of the best antique shops on the Golborne Road to mooch about in.
Arbon Interiors, 80 Golborne Road, London W10 5PS // 020 8960 9787
Susan Osbourne, 83 Golborne Road, London, W10 5NL // 02089696255
Phoenix on Golborne
Phoenix on Golborne, 67 Golborne Road, London, W10 5NP // 02089648123
Old Pony, 90 Golborne Road, London, W10 5PS // 02089603861
Les Couilles du Chien
Les Couilles du Chien, 65 Golborne Road, London, W10 5NP // 02089680099
If you want to know more about Hutch Interiors, you can read our interview with the founder and owner of the lovely interiors and antiques haven here.
Hutch Interiors, 61 Golborne Road, London, w10 5NR // 02036594320
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market