We spend a lot of time looking at beautiful mid-century, vintage and antique furniture online. We’ve collected a little black book full of traders and dealers whose stock we love and who we would love to buy from constantly. But as much as we’d love to, we can’t buy everything – so we’re going to share the love with you.
How will it work?
Every other week, we’ll bring you our pick of the best pieces we’ve seen for sale online, just in time for your weekend shopping.
To get started this week, we’re focusing on our favourite vintage and mid-century chairs that we’ve spotted.
We’ve never seen anything quite like this beauty. The stunning turquoise colour of the upholstery and the beautiful legs make this a mid-century chair like no other.
You can find this 1960s chair at The Abacus Studio for £140.
Add some flair to your kitchen counter with these vintage stools. Sturdy and functional, they would add personality to any dining area.
You can bag these beauties over at Elliot & Tate for £175 for the pair.
If you’re looking to add a dash of glamour to your beauty ritual, this Frode Holm dressing chair is the one for you. It’s chic and elegant and that faux sheepskin looks pretty cosy too.
This fluffy find is for sale at the Danish Homestore for £195.
With dark, ebony wood and woven seats, these chairs are a classic. Light and easy to move around, you can use them as extra dinner table seating for those big summer dinner parties.
Get involved with these Gio Ponti style dining chairs at Mar-den for £120.
You just can’t go wrong with a leather chair, particular not with a 1960s Danish tan leather armchair that looks like this. Don’t you want to just cosy right up into it with a good book and a glass of Scotch?
There’s two of these leather armchairs available at Archive Furniture for £425 each.
ON THE MARKETPLACE
- 5 Tips on How to Spot an Original Ercol Chair
- Meet the Designer: Jenny Branson
- The Best Antiques Shops on the Golborne Road
- Meet the Trader: Lucy Mortimer of Galapagos Furniture
- Meet the Designer: Sarah Ellison of Frank & Faber
- Meet The Designer: Jess Clark of Unique Home Stays
- Meet the Designer: Beata Heuman
- 9 Antiques Traders to Follow on Instagram
- Our Pick of Vintage Furniture Online for Under £100
- Markets in France: Villeneuve-les-Avignon Flea Market